SBI Clerk is the dream job for every aspirant who opts for the banking sector. Every year lakhs of students apply for the SBI Clerk posts and only the best are selected by the recruitment agency. Candidates know the benefits of joining SBI as it is the leading bank in India and provides a good salary package along with numerous benefits. Candidates willing to apply for the SBI Clerk can know the changes made in the basic pay, pay scale of the Junior Associate, in-hand salary, and allowances provided by the SBI. The details of the revised salary structure and the allowances of the SBI Clerk provided by the State Bank of India have been thoroughly explained in this article by Smartkeeda.
SBI Clerk Salary 2021
The candidates upon selection as a clerk get the chance to enjoy a highly bankable salary from the bank. The Salary of bank employees not only comprises Basic Pay but a plethora of allowances are also added up every month to make the salary worthy of the Junior Associate job profile.
SBI Clerk Basic Pay
The Basic Pay of SBI Clerk has been revised recently and the candidates can check out the revised SBI Clerk Pay Scale in the space below:
|Year of Service||Basic Pay|
|At the time of Joining||Rs.17900-1000/3|
|After Clearing JAIIB/ 2 years||Rs 20900-1230/3|
|After Clearing CAIIB/4 Years||Rs 24590-1490/4|
|After 5 Years||Rs 30550-1730/7|
|Cumulative Increments after years||Rs 42600-3270/1|
SBI Clerk In hand Allowances
The SBI Clerk joinees apart from getting the basic pay also get a lot of allowances i.e. DA. HRA which are usually revisable for each quarter. The candidates can check out the major allowances that they are subjected to receive in the space below:
1. DA(Dearness Allowances)
2. HRA (House Rent Allowance)
3. Transport Allowance
4. Special Allowance
5. City Allowance
6. Medical Allowance
7. Newspaper Allowance
8. Furniture Allowance
Upon adding all the above allowances with the Basic Pay the in-hand salary of an SBI Clerk comes down to Rs 29,000 to Rs 32,000 depending upon his location of posting.
SBI Clerk Promotion Prospects
The candidates who join the bank as an SBI Clerk get the chance to grow financially and cadre-wise with the help of the golden promotion policy of the State Bank Of India. There are mainly two ways by which a candidate is eligible to seek promotion after clearing his probation period. Find out both the options in the space below:
• A candidate in the clerical cadre is promoted three times during their working period with a gap of every 10 years and is provided with special allowances in each promotion. During the first promotion, the employee receives a special allowance of Rs. 1800/- and is promoted as Senior Assistant. In the second promotion Rs. 2500/- is received by the employee and he is promoted to Special Assistant. In the final promotion, the employee receives a sum of Rs.3500/- and is promoted to Senior Special Assistant.
• The Junior associates have to work as Clerk for a period of three years. Post that they are eligible for promotions. The promotion is given to the candidates who clear the written exam and interview successfully. Along with the promotional exam the candidates are also liable to clear the JAIIB and CAIIB examinations. These exams judge the basic banking knowledge of the employees. Also, the candidates who are successful in clearing the aforesaid exam are liable to get one increment after clearing JAIIB and two increments after clearing CAIIB in their Basic Pay. The Clerical staff who clear both the exam and the interview are kept under probation period initially for two years post-appointment as a Trainee Officer. After the probation period is over the trainee officer will be either recruited into the Middle Management Grade Scale-II (MMGS-II) cadre or reinstated to the clerical cadre on the basis of his performance.
SBI Clerk Job Profile
The candidate upon joining the bank as an SBI Clerk has to fulfill a lot of duties some of which are mentioned in the space below:
• The candidates have to work as the first point of contact for the customer and should be vigilant while listening to their problems and provide them with concrete solutions.
• He is entrusted to take deposits from the customer, make entries for every transaction, issue cheque books, open bank accounts, make on-demand DD.
• As a Clerk, the candidate is also required to work as a Cashier and serve the cash counter where he is required to and hand over the cash to the customer as per demand.
SBI Clerk Hierarchy
State Bank of India provides faster promotion and growth to their employees as compared to other PSBs. Promotions are done every ten years on the basis of employees working for a period of thirty years. But the employees who seek faster growth can clear the internal exams held in written form and an interview to qualify for a higher rank depending upon the bank's decision on SBI Clerk promotion policies.
For reference, the current Chairman of SBI, Rajnish Kumar, joined SBI as a PO in 1980, and hence he managed to achieve the apex position at the State Bank of India within 35-40 years of service; on the other hand, former Chairman of SBI, Arundhati Bhattacharya joined State Bank of India as an SBI PO in 1977. Hence, within 30-40 years of service with SBI, it’s quite possible to make it to the top.
• Assistant Manager
• Deputy Manager
• Chief Manager
• Assistant General Manager
• Deputy General Manager
• General Manager
• Chief General Manager
• Deputy Managing Director
• Managing Director
Thanks & Regards